Saturday, December 1, 2007

Farsighted

A Jew lost his invaluable ring and accidentally a poor Muslim fellow found it. When this Muslim came to know that it belongs to that Jew he went to return him. The Jew smiled and asked him:"Do you know its value?"
The Muslim replied:"Yes."
"You found this and you are also a poor and a needy!" said the Jew.
"Yes, you are right." The Muslim replied.
The Jew asked,"Did it not come to your mind that by selling this ring you can live a comfortable life as you had an excuse that it belonged to a Jew?"
The Muslim told him,"Why, I should have thought that way?"
"So why did you return this ring to me while I was not knowing that you have found it?" Questioned the Jew.
The poor Muslim replied:"We believe on the Day of Judgement. I told myself that if I do not give this ring to the owner, then during the accounting of the deeds of the people during qayamat my Prophet Hazrat Mohammad (pbuh) and your prophet Hazrat Musa (a.s.) would be sitting together and you will be complaining about this to your Prophet (a.s.) and then your Prophet (a.s.) would complain to my Prophet (pbuh) that a person belonging from your Ummah (nation) has done such an act. And at that moment my Prophet (pbuh) would not be able to answer him. I have returned this ring so that on the Day of Judgement I save the honour of my Prophet (pbuh).
(Lessons from stories, Mohammad Mohammadi Ishtehardy)

No comments: